I have a Quo Vadis Daily Pocket Planner with a Mignon European Leather cover. I find its size most convenient to carry around anywhere and look it up anytime, be it while traveling in my car or the Metro, or while attending a meeting or while dining out. It is one of my most precious possessions.
HOW I USE THE PLANNER
The Daily Pages of the Planner function as my
(a) To Do List for the day, with each entry placed against the correct time-line
(b) My Appointment Reminder
(c) List of tasks NOT planned previously, but attended during the day.
I customize each page with a colour-coding system that enables me to know at any time of the day the status of completion of all tasks of the day:
1. For each entry made against a particular time, I enclose the time figure (e.g. 9 am) on the left within a square drawn with a BLACK rollerball pen.
2. When the task is finished, I fill in the square with a GREEN rollerball.
3. If the task remains unfinished at the end of the day, and is to be carried over to another day, I fill in the square with RED.
4. If the task remains unfinished at the end of the day, but is NOT to be carried over to another day, I fill the square with BLACK (black symbolizes END). The same colour code goes for cancelled tasks also.
5. For tasks not planned earlier, but attended during the day, I use the last three â€˜untimed’ lines at the bottom, making a blank circle in black before each task, and filling up with ORANGE upon completion.
I keep reviewing the day’s entries frequently during the course of the day. While planning for the next day, I keep on looking for RED SQUARE entries in the previous (day) page.
HOW I USE THE ADDRESS BOOK INSERT
I use these limited pages judiciously. I use the Address Book Insert as a temporary bin. If the address entries are of long term importance, they are transferred to my Master Address Book at the earliest opportunity. Upon transfer, I put a GREEN filled-in circle against that name in the Address Book Insert. If the entries are of short-time use only, I don’t transfer it anywhere.
HOW I USE THE NOTES PAGES
The Notes Pages are mighty precious pages for me. These pages being limited and having to last me the whole year, I use them only when I have to, that is, when I don’t have my pocket notebook with me for taking random notes.
MY DAY OF MISERY
The day I forget my â€˜Quo Vadis Daily Pocket Planner With Mignon European Leather Cover’ (yes, that is my full description of my indispensable planner) at home, I remain a miserable, helpless man the whole day.