Welcome to this month’s post in our series designed to help you do your Month Reviews!
Monthly reviews help you see what worked well and what didn’t in the past month. This helps you prepare for success in the next month. Doing monthly reviews regularly can help you stay on track with your goals and priorities.
In this monthly review series, each month has a new theme. You can pick the theme you like best and do that every month, or you can do the new theme each month, or pick and choose the elements you like from all the month themes to do your monthly review. Remember, this is all about you! Do what you find most useful.
At the beginning of this month I posted the Month Theme, which for this month was to track physical and mental health to see what affects my mood, and to try to get into the habit of doing qigong, strength exercises, and stretching regularly.
Here are my results:
- I discovered I don’t like tracking my mood. I found it annoying to analyze how I was feeling every day. Also, most days I was in a different mood in the afternoon and evening than I had been in the morning. I felt like I was micromanaging myself by analyzing this too much. I stopped tracking my moods because I found it to be more aggravating than helpful.
- That said, I did notice that qigong definitely boosted my mood, and especially helped anxiety. Because I felt so much better after doing qigong, I was incentivized to do it every day. As a result, I don’t feel the need to track it any more. It has become part of my daily routine.
- I didn’t find it helpful to track my sleep. Surprisingly, my sleep didn’t affect my mood nearly as much as I thought it would. On days when I got less sleep I expected to be grumpy, and on days when I got more sleep I thought I would be in a better mood, but this was not often the case.
- I also didn’t feel like I needed to track stretching, because my body told me when I needed to stretch. As long as I stretch most days, I’m good.
- I did discover that I didn’t do strength training nearly as much as I wanted to. Maybe now that I have established qigong as a routine, next month I can focus on incorporating strength training into my days.
What did you discover after your month of tracking?
Month review posts are on the last Friday of each month. Check back each month for a new theme!
Planner shown: The undated Life Journal Infinite has trackers on the weekly and monthly planning pages, plus pages for your index, collections, notes, and reflections. Because it is undated you can start it any time, and use it only when you need to with no wasted pages. For more information on the Life Journal Infinite including where to buy in the US click here, and in the UK (with worldwide shipping available) click here.